We’ve just released a great new app-like game that is a variation on our popular Drag and Drop widget. Called Drag and Match it can be used in many different ways to create a number of games to place in your eBooks made with iBooks Author. The aim of the game is to match two images – a ‘source’ and a ‘target’. These can be anything e.g. a picture of a flower (source) and a shadow of a flower (target), or the word ‘tiger’ (source) and a picture of a tiger (target).
Features of the new Drag and Match online generator include:
- You can upload a background image for the game that cannot be moved by the reader. This is the ‘stage’ for the game.
- You can upload as many pairs of ‘source’ and ‘target’ images to go on the stage as you like.
- ‘Target’ images – you can place these anywhere on the stage but the reader cannot move them e.g. shadow of a flower.
- ‘Source’ images – you can place these anywhere on the stage and the reader can drag them around to find the correct match e.g. an image of a flower.
- Source images can be displayed smaller than their paired target image and you can specify this in the generator.
- A source image can automatically snap onto the shape when the correct match is found.
- You can set a timer, point scoring scheme and win/loose graphics.
- Restart button to let the reader play again.