This is a great widget that enables you to add SoundCloud files to your digital books made with Apple’s iBooks Author. SoundCloud is the world’s leading social sound platform where anyone can create sounds and share them everywhere.
Simply upload your sounds to SoundCloud, then place a hyper-link to that sound in the Bookry widget generator. Your readers can then tap on the widget icon in your book to listen to the sound. As the sounds are streamed into the book, there are no audio file size issues to worry about – brilliant!
Also, as with many of our widgets, you can make updates to the SoundCloud widget remotely. You can change the sound hyper-link at any time and this update will be replicated in all copies of the widget – even those that are in published books. You can also get analytics on each widget to find out more about your readers, including where they are from and the number of times they open the widget.
- Visit the free Widget Library page and click on the SoundCloud widget.
- Select the ‘Download Now’ button.
- Fill in the pop-up (you will need to select a username and password if you are a new user).
- Fill in the ‘Static’ and ‘Live’ settings in the online generator and ‘Save’
- Download the widget file to your Mac and drag it into iBA.