We’ve had many requests for this widget, so it’s probably about time we revealed it (groan, sorry!). Our latest widget to hit the free library is Reveal, which is a perfect for children’s books and has 2 modes:
1) Peephole – This option allows you to hide an image with a solid block of color, with only a square peephole showing what’s underneath. Readers can move the peephole around to try and guess what the image is. In the generator you can specify the color mask and the size of the peephole.
2) Scratch – This option allows you to hide one image under another image. Readers can scratch away at the top image to reveal what’s underneath. In the generator you can specify the scratch size and the mask color (useful if the top image is smaller than the one underneath).
Both modes also have a ‘Reveal/Hide’ button in the top black bar of the widget for an instant reveal/start again. We hope you enjoy this widget and find it useful. Here is the quickest way to get it into iBooks Author:
- Visit the free Widget Library page and click on the Reveal widget.
- Select the ‘Download Now’ button.
- Fill in the pop-up (you will need to select a username and password if you are a new user).
- Fill in the ‘Static’ and ‘Live’ settings in the online generator and ‘Save’
- Download the widget file to your Mac and drag it into iBA.