2013 was such an exciting year for us. We celebrated our first birthday, released a bunch of great interactive widgets for iBooks Author and were fortunate enough to work on some truly fantastic books with some inspirational authors and publishers. All of our hard work over the last year has paid dividends as Bookry authors are creating more and more widgets every day. In fact, between January and December 2013 the number of widgets created daily soared by a staggering 700%. That’s totally amazing!
We were also completely blown away when we discovered that many of the titles listed in Apple’s ‘Best of 2013’ feature on iTunes contain Bookry widgets. In fact, 4 out of the 10 titles in the ‘Made for iBooks’ category include them:
- ‘Pizza Pilgrims’ by Thom and James Elliot and published by HarperCollins. Includes Recipe Widget, YouTube, Browser, Twitter, Share This and many more.
- ‘England’s 100 Best Views’ by Simon Jenkins and published by Profile Books. Includes the 360 Panorama and Google Maps widgets.
- ‘Facts are Sacred’ by Simon Rogers and published by Faber & Faber. Includes the Browser and Image Explorer widget.
- ‘My Favourite Monsters’ by Vincent James by Intabactive. Includes Spot the Difference widget, Sketchpad and other games.
- ‘The Slightly Annoying Elephant’ by David Walliams and published by HarperCollins. Includes our new ‘Story Widget’ plus Drag and Match, Memory Game and many more.
Congratulations to all the authors and publishers of these great books, and a big THANK YOU to all Bookry authors and readers for your support in 2013. We hope 2014 is even bigger and better!
Calling all Bookry Users: We want to know about your books!
If you’re using our widgets in books published on the iBooks Store why not tell us about it. We write a book review each month and many of those titles have gone on to be featured/reviewed on iTunes. So if you want to get some extra publicity for your book please contact us – we’d love to hear from you and can’t wait to take a peek at your book!