There’s not a lot to say about this widget other than it does exactly what it says on the tin! If you’re writing a book about code and want to include formatted code in it, then this is the perfect widget for you.
Simply upload your code to the Code Viewer online widget generator, which will then auto-magically format the code and add the correct colors for display. You can also choose from a drop-down of themes. Upon the clicking the widget in the book your reader will be able to:
- View the code in the correct format, with indents and formatting.
- Scroll through the code on the page.
- Send the code by email in its native format e.g. for use in a work-along project with the book.
- Share the code by Twitter, Facebook and Evernote.
- Visit the free Widget Library page and click on the Code Viewer widget.
- Select the ‘Download Now’ button.
- Fill in the pop-up (you will need to select a username and password if you are a new user).
- Fill in the ‘Static’ and ‘Live’ settings in the online generator and ‘Save’
- Download the widget file to your Mac and drag it into iBA.