We’re delighted that David Walliams’ The Slightly Annoying Elephant Multi-Touch book, published by Harper Collins Children’s Books, has been shortlisted by the Booktrust Best Book Awards in the ‘Best Tech Stuff’ category.
The eBook, which was developed Bookry, is the only finalist in this category to be created using Apple’s iBooks Author software with HTML5 widgets. The special edition includes great interactive features like read along, auto play animations, tap animations with sounds, learning activities, social sharing, iPad shake and tilt elements, and reader personalisation. You can learn more about these ground-breaking ‘firsts’ for iBooks Author in this special blog.
Highlights of the book also include narration and extra character voices provided by Walliams himself (tap on the elephants and other animals to hear his hilarious one liners!), plus stunning illustrations by artistic genius Tony Ross, which have been carefully adapted and animated for the iPad.
It’s now up to children to vote for their favourite on the Booktrust awards website. The final deadline for votes is 20th June and the winners will be announced during Children’s Book Week on 2nd July 2014.
- BBC: David Walliams picture book up for Booktrust prize.
- The Guardian: Discover the Booktrust 2014 Best Books awards shortlist!
- The Telegraph: The Booktrust Best Book Awards shortlists are announced.
- YouTube: The Slightly Annoying Elephant Special Edition quick video tour.
- iTunes: Buy the book (UK store only).